Technical Support Engineer
Main duties and role responsibilities:
The ideal candidate will be responsible for;
- Trouble shooting and attending electrical and mechanical breakdowns
- Advising the help desk on any breakdown issues
- Able to communicate and liaise with the business in the support of all of its products.
- Must be available to attend site throughout the country at short notice providing solutions for our customers and the business
- Must be able to understand and demonstrate the functionality of CNC equipment
At a Glance
Monday – Friday
Full-time - permanent
To understand and demonstrate knowledge of engineering activities including;
- Preventative maintenance
- Installation and commissioning of capital equipment (Preferably CNC machines)
- Breakdown electrical
- Breakdown mechanical
- Service work
- Understanding mechanical drawings
- Understanding electrical drawings
- Problem solve and troubleshoot in the event of difficulties arriving from an intervention
- PLC and CNC knowledge
- Ability to prioritise own workload and work on own initiative.
- High level of organisational skills and aptitude to customer care keeping customers informed at all times.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both verbal and written mediums.
- To demonstrate respect for others and to be diplomatic when dealing with both internal & external customers.
- Ability to adapt your communication style to different situations/audiences.
- To actively listen to people, focusing on what is being said to establish needs.
- Ability to address concerns and overcome objection.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience as Service Engineering
- Strong CNC machining background
- PLC knowledge
- Fanuc, Siemens and Heidenhain CNC knowledge
- Good engineering background in installation, breakdown and electrical
- Can interrogate electrical and mechanical breakdowns and advise on the necessary remedial action
- Competitive Salary
- Company Pension Scheme
- Private Healthcare/Life Cover
- 26 days holiday per annum