Service Engineer Apprentice – Mechatronics
ETG brings together the strengths of the world’s most advanced manufacturers of high technology machine tools, automation and work-holding systems to deliver highly productive metal cutting solutions.
By providing in-depth support and applying insight, experience and expertise, ETG aims to get the maximum benefit from advanced manufacturing technologies. Its commitment is to offer the same exceptional levels of service, in-depth product knowledge and factory trained support teams that customers would rightfully expect from a direct subsidiary of its world-class partners.
As a Service Engineer Apprentice, the role would involve servicing for all of ETG’s machine tools from an aftersales perspective. The Service Engineer Apprentice will be trained to a high level of programming and setting on a wide variety of machine tools and control systems.
Expected Duration of the apprenticeship is four years.
Due to the proximity of the training centre in relation to the company, ETG will provide accommodation and travelling costs for candidates applying from non-commutable areas during college periods. Accommodation will be based at Wolverhampton University during the week, and training will be full time at In-Comm Training Services, Aldridge, Walsall WS9 8UG, for the initial 14 months. You will then be required to attend In-Comm just one day per week after this for the remainder of the apprenticeship training.
Principal contacts (internal & external): Principals, external suppliers and contractors, Applications, PDI, other relevant departments.
At a Glance
Monday – Friday
Full-time - apprenticeship 4 years
- Servicing of the full range of ETG’s machines
- Troubleshooting and attending electrical and mechanical breakdowns
- Advising the help desk on any breakdown issues
- Able to communicate and liaise with the business in support of all of its products
- Must be available to attend site throughout the country at short notice providing solutions for our customers and the business
- Must be able to understand and demonstrate the functionality of CNC equipment
- Understanding and knowledge of engineering activities such as Preventative Maintenance, Installation of CNC Machines, Mechanical and Electrical Drawings
- Good maths and ICT skills
- Good verbal and written communications
- Previous engineering studies would be advantageous
- Good practical skills
- Have an enquiring mind
- Sees a problem as a challenge
- Self-motivated and desire to learn and improve
- Reliable and punctual
- Desired qualifications, Grade A-C maths, English, Science (Physics), Grade B and above in
ICT or equivalent