Quality / H&S / Business Improvement
The implementing of effective new processes and systems around quality, health and safety, training, and PDI planning will ultimately lead to the development of new procedures and quality standards and potentially wider accreditation often sought by Key Account type customers, but in any event, good practice to have and adhere to. The role will also cover facilities management and general improvement projects put forward by the Management Team, assessed against business requirements to prioritise these.
Principal contacts (internal and external): Principals, external suppliers and contractors, PDI, other relevant departments.
At a Glance
Monday – Friday
Full-time - permanent
- Implement proper Quality Management System
- Provide feedback to Principals on quality incidents and issues
- Develop a charge back system for quality issues beyond warranty for all suppliers
- Supplier audit and quality management
- Audit warranty management systems
- Calibration control
- Provide support for turnkey quality requirements and project pass-off
- Development of Quality KPI’s
Health and Safety – First line responsibility for Health and Safety and maintenance of H&S
systems, documentation, and training requirements.
PDI Planning – Planning of PDI workload on a daily basis, ensuring good working practices
and tight time management to lead to a higher level of productivity and efficiency.
Deliver ad hoc Business Improvement projects to agreed timescales and budgets
Develop employee training programs across all areas.
- Ownership of showroom and working areas to a high visual standard
- Develop and implement lean/six sigma principals to improve efficient use of
- Maintain all facilities related contracts and renewals
Any other duties that may be required of you from time to time.
Experience of implementing and maintaining QMS.
- Experience in Health and Safety requirements.
- Experience and understanding of Lean Principles.
- Engineering background, preferably in a machining or machine tools environment.
- Experience using Co-ordinate measuring equipment.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Commercial acumen.
- IT literate and diligent record keeping.