Engineering Technician Apprentice (2 positions available)
ETG brings together the strengths of the world’s most advanced manufacturers of high technology
machine tools, automation and work-holding systems to deliver highly productive metal cutting
By providing in-depth support and applying insight, experience and expertise, ETG aims to get the maximum benefit from advanced manufacturing technologies. Its commitment is to offer the same exceptional levels of service, in-depth product knowledge and factory trained support teams that customers would rightfully expect from a direct subsidiary of its world-class partners.
As an Engineering Technician Apprentice, the role would involve all technical applications for all of ETG’s machine tools from an aftersales perspective. The technical Apprentice will be trained to a high level of programming and setting on a wide variety of machine tools and control systems.
Expected Duration of the apprenticeship is four years.
Due to the proximity of the training centre in relation to the company, ETG will provide accommodation and travelling costs for candidates applying from non-commutable areas during college periods. Accommodation will be based at Wolverhampton University during the week, and training will be full time at In-Comm Training Services, Aldridge, Walsall WS9 8UG, for the initial 14 months. You will then be required to attend In-Comm just one day per week after this for the remainder of the apprenticeship training.
At a Glance
Monday – Friday
Full-time - apprenticeship 4 years
- Preparing Time Studies
- Tooling on showroom machines
- Programming, setting and running machine demonstrations
- Meeting with suppliers to arrange and develop the optimum tooling and workholding
- Assisting the Technical Manager in preparing machine proposals
- Maintaining the Technical Library with up to date information from company principals
- Any other duties that may be required of you from time to time
- Good maths and ICT skills
- Good verbal and written communications
- Previous engineering studies would be advantageous
- Good practical skills
- Able to work as part of a team and independently
- Have an enquiring mind
- Sees a problem as a challenge
- Self-motivated and desire to learn and improve
- Reliable and punctual
- Desired qualifications, Grade A-C maths, English, Science (Physics), Grade B and above in ICT or equivalent.