You will assist in pre-sale time studies, process recommendations, tool selection and work-holding concepts. Other initiatives will include generating engineering proposals and presentations, servicing customers with phone and onsite support, programming of customer parts, and the debugging and setup of complete machine tool systems. You’ll also write technical processes/manuals for turnkey solutions and manage tasks to a specific timeline in order to meet delivery dates. Travel will be required to customer facilities located within UK. You will be able to manage complex CNC machine tool projects and have experience in Fanuc, Siemens and Heidenhain controls.
At a Glance
Monday – Friday
Full-time - permanent
• Ability to prioritise own workload and work on own initiative.
• High level of organisational skills and aptitude to customer care keeping customers informed at all times.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both verbal and written mediums.
• To demonstrate respect for others and to be diplomatic when dealing with both internal & external customers.
• Ability to adapt your communication style to different situations/audiences.
• To actively listen to people, focusing on what is being said to establish needs.
• Ability to address concerns and overcome objection.
• Ability to problem solve.
• Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience as Applications Engineering
• Strong CNC machining background
• Machine tool programming using G Code, CAD/CAM
• Experience with live tooling lathes and 5-axis machining centres is required.